Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Remembering Nathanial Hawthorn

Nathanial Hawthorn is one of the best authors that ever lived. “The Minister’s Black Veil” is one of his short stories. I love this story and the message it sends. It is well worth the read. I wrote an analysis of this story that made my literature teacher speechless. I think it may be the best thing I have written yet; so I thought I would share it. In order to understand the analysis it is necessary to read the story. So I figured I would post the story and the analysis for those interested in reading it. Enjoy.

P.S. I have written as many blogs this last month as I have since Jan 2008... so this is what happens when I take a semester off, blog and get a lot of reading done in addition to working full time, haha. After five semesters straight I need a break. I shall enjoy it while it lasts; I am applying at BYUI for next semester January 2010. Your Prayers are appreciated.

2 comments:

Dr. Heckle said...

Yes, a great writer...

Jensen said...

Good luck with applying to BYU-I we will keep you in our prayers! You are amazing Lanie, we hope that you will always remember that!!!!